Personal Injury Lawyer
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident is already confusing and stressful enough. But when someone else had a part in it happening, then we may wonder if we can hold them accountable by law and whether it’s worth meeting with a lawyer to learn more. Personal injury accident victims often have to deal with medical bills, loss of wages from missing work, fixing or replacing property damage, and so much more.
If you are reading this, then you may not be sure if you have grounds for filing a personal injury case. There is no one answer for every situation, so victims of accidents are encouraged to meet with a legal professional to find out more. For now, here are a few signs that you may have reason to file a personal injury lawsuit:
- A personal injury incident has happened (such as a car accident, motorcycle accident, bike accident, dog attack, slip and fall, among others)
- The severity of your injuries required medical treatment beyond what a standard first aid kit offers
- You have medical records that prove your injuries
- You were hurt because of another’s negligence or recklessness
- You are not able to return to work quickly
- You have costly medical bills that you shouldn’t have to pay for
- There is evidence of the incident (photographs or video footage)
- You can show that the other person was at-fault
- The person at-fault owed you a duty of care and breached that duty
- You haven’t made mistakes that are detrimental to your case
As a Personal Injury Lawyer from Therman Law Offices, LTD understands, being in an accident where another person was responsible is enough of a reason to consider filing a personal injury case. By getting more information and having questions answered, victims can feel empowered to take action.