When it comes to your health and safety, you should know that you don’t have to work in an environment that inherently lends itself to danger to be subject to on-the-job injuries. Everyday offices can be just as accident prone! While many offices portray a focus on employee health and safety, some incidents are just tough to avoid. The top five most common workplace injuries are a result of the following:
- Falls or trips
- Flying or stationary objects
- Improper workstation Ergonomics
- Co-worker misconduct
These kinds of office related accidents can often be life altering and lead to loss of income coupled with mountains of medical bills. In fact, many doctors practicing plastic surgery in Washington DC report many of their patients come to them as a result of some kind of workplace injury. And these Washington DC plastic surgeons are right! Statistically, a large percentage of plastic surgery procedures are brought on by an initial workplace injury. To you and me, this means dollar signs. Necessary procedures like those discussed significantly add to the cost of overall medical care, only furthering the financial impact of workplace accidents. Because these seemingly sheepish incidents can have such an effect on your overall health and safety, the top work injury lawyer Atlanta, GA offers has a few helpful pointers to ensure your interests are properly looked after:
- Avoid these kinds of accidents by practicing good health and safety habits: While it’s obvious, it’s important to note that paying attention to your surroundings and properly managing your work station and working relationships will nip a majority of workplace injuries in the bud.
However, if your accident is unavoidable…
- File a claim immediately: With your insurance and your company. Don’t let the passage of time keep you from the compensation that is rightfully yours.
- Keep thorough documentation of any and all medical bills: This will assist your workers compensation lawyer in Atlanta, GA get you the financial relief you deserve much quicker.
Don’t be fooled. Every office and working environment has its own inherent risks. Don’t wait until it’s too late; take action to secure your own health and safety in your workplace today!